The European Partner UAlg from Algarve (Portugal) hosted a one-week study in October.
The participants of this first study visit were two members from the following partner institutions:
- Institut Halieutique et des Sciences Marines, University of Toliara (Madagascar),
- Faculty of Sciences and Techniques, Université des Comores (Comores),
- and Institute of Marine Sciences, University of Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
The participants had the opportunity to learn about UAlg practices in the field of Fisheries Management being the main topics the following:
- techniques to study fish populations
- the impact of fisheries in the environment
- fisheries governance: framework, tools and actions
- and basic topics and advance techniques in aquaculture.
The study visit was accompanied by other productive activities:
- visits to the traditional fishing maket in Olhao, different research institutions and private entreprises
- meetings with different MSc Directors
- and two workshops focused on Marine Living Resources and Aquaculture
As a result of this first study visit the participants were able to experience how the study programs are implemented and organised in UAlg, as well as the necessary relationships with the public and private sector to achieve succefull partnerships.