Welcome to the FISHERMAN newsletter.
The FISHERMAN project aims at supporting Southwest Indian Ocean region universities to prepare a new generation of skilled professionals for a sustainable fisheries management in the region.
Working together on the project are five universities from the region (Comoros, Madagascar, Mozambique, Seychelles and Tanzania) and two universities from the EU (Spain and Portugal).
The project addresses both institutional capacity building and improvements in academic quality and relevance in the region, leading to:
- Enhanced contribution to national and regional policies on cooperation in higher education on fisheries management studies
- Increased inter-institutional networking between HEIs in the ACP and with EU HEIs, including institutions offering teacher training, degrees and diplomas contributing to regional solutions to teacher shortages
- Upgraded qualifications of academic staff of ACP HEIs
- Improved institutional frameworks to pursue academic programmes and academic excellence in ACP HEIs
- Increased mobility of postgraduate students and teaching staff through the provision of joint programmes
- Graduates with the skills corresponding to those required in the national and regional labour markets
We are happy to inform you that the FISHERMAN needs analysis has been published and can be found here
You will periodically receive relevant news concerning outputs or events of the FISHERMAN project.
Thank you for visiting our project website